- Total Amount earmarked for Annual Plan 2016-17 = Rs. 1287.76 Cr
- Estimate submitted 32 nos = Rs. 986.58 Cr
- Estimates sanctioned 17 nos as per approved ceiling
(including 5 nos DPR & FS works) = Rs. 732.55 Cr
- Ongoing NH (original) works = 454.128 km costing Rs. 1688.00 Cr
- SARDP NE works = 429.96 km costing Rs. 1750.00 Cr
- Amount approved under Annual Plan NH(O)works in the state of Assam for the year 2017-18 = Rs. 339.00 Cr
- 14 nos PR/IRQP works (Total length=159.00 km) were sanctioned in 2016-17 for Rs. 87.09 Cr. All works for 2016-17 allotted and under process of execution.
- For the year 2017-18 the length of NH to be taken up under P.R. and Approximate cost thereof are as follows:
Priority-I: Total length=169.38 Km; Approx.cost: Rs.125.69Cr.
Priority-II: total length= 180.52km; Approx. Cost : rs. 132.48 Cr
(C) FS&DPR works
- During 2016-17 year Consultants have been engaged for the following Feasibility Study and preparation of Detailed Project Report for up-gradation of newly declared NHS/in principle approved NHs and bypasses:
1. Up-gradation of the newly declared NH-127B (Assam Portion) starting from Srirampur on NH-27 (old NH-31C) at chainage 0.00 km to the immediate approach of proposed bridge over river Brahmaputra near Dhubri. DPR for the Bridge portion has been under JICA.
2. Up-gradation of the newly declared NH-127C starting from Samthaibari in the state of Assam to Galengphu (indo-Bhutan Border)
3. Up-gradation of the newly declared NH-315A (Assam Portion) starting from Tinsukia (Panitola) at chainage 632.000 km on NH-15 (old NH-37) Via Deosal, Tingrai-Chariali, Sasoni, Naharkotia, Joypur and connecting Hukanjuri at Assam Arunachal Pradesh Border.
4. Feasibility Study and DPR for the Gauripur bypass & Mangaldoi bypass
5. Up-gradation of the road- Dechangmukh-Tekeliphuta- Dhakuakhana - North Lakhimpur-Kamalabarighat-Nimatighat-Jorhat including Bridges over river Brahmaputra at Dechangmukh and Nimatighat (in-principle NH)
6. DPR of Wildlife friendly measures at Kaziranga National Park(KNP) for at stretch of 38km of NH-37 as per international standard
7. DPR of newly declared NH 627 (Nellie-Harangajao-Silchar section). LA work has started. Draft 3A notification submitted to Ministry for publication.
- During 2017-18 year Consultants have been engaged for the Feasibility Study and preparation of Detailed Project Report for up-gradation of the following newly declared NHS/in principle approved NHs and bypasses:
1. Connecting Barama connecting Baska, Subankhata and Terminating at Indo-Bhutan Border in the state of Assam.
2. Connecting Howly-Barpeta-Hajo-Jalukbari (Barpeta By Pass)
3. Connecting Nakhola-Jagiroad-Morigaon-Kaupati-Rowta-Udalguri-Khoraibari and terminating at Indo-Bhutan Border in the state of Assam
4. Connecting Namtola-Sonari-upto junction with new NH No. 215 near Sapekhati (Assam portion)
5. under Jorhat NH Division – NH starting from its junction with NH-2(old NH-37) near Sibsagar connecting Simaluguri and terminating at its junction with new NH 215
6. Starting from its junction with NH-17 (old NH-31) near Bilasipara connecting Kokrajhar and terminating at its junction with NH-27 (old NH-31) near Garubhasa.
(D) Strengthening and Widening Works
- 9 nos. out of 12 numbers of strengthening works sanctioned during 2016-17 in various stretches on NH-39, 38, 37, 53, 44, 31, 52 & 151 have been awarded and work are under implementation. Remaining 3 nos. of works are under process for allotment at an early date.
- During 2017-18, total 7 nos of Strengthening works are proposed for sanctin under AP:2017-18 for a total length of 140.24km at an Approx. Cost of rs. 257.80Cr.
(E) Bypasses and ROBs
Works of 10 Nos. of Major Bypass/realignment Works and 6 (Six) nos of R.O.B.s are going on as follows:
1. North Lakhimpur By pass
2.Tinsukia By Pass
3. Mohanbari –Chabua bypass
4. Makum Bypass
5. Silchar Bypass
6. Hailakandi Bypass
7. Katlicherra bypass
8. Patherkandi Bypass
9. Biswanath chariali
10. Guwahati University Bypass
1. Dhaleswari ROB on NH-154
2. Katlicherra ROB on NH-154
3. North-Lakhimpur ROB on NH-52
4. Makum ROB on NH-37
5. Bogibeel ROB on NH-52B
6. Sapekhati ROB on NH-52B